Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The dog with no name

'Little black dog' is a metaphor used to describe depression and it can be traced back as far as Ancient times!  I dig this stuff as I studied Anthropology and Psychology in college (get it?).  But seriously, I know all about the little black dog, even before I knew it had a name.  Mine doesn't even have a name, perhaps we'll name him down the road.  Either way, depression is a scary and sometimes crippling condition.  It can take hold of your life, your mind, your spirit and it affects both males and females at all ages.  It can be brought upon by a trigger, such as illness or death of a loved one.  Mine is an accumulation of life- experiences, letdowns, failures.  It's always easier to focus on the negative, especially when you are already in a 'funk' or as I say 'not feeling well' (mentally).  So in an attempt to break free of this damned dog, (who I will call Tiny George) I share with you my life, in small stories.  Some are more recent, some are back from childhood.  Hopefully you will relate or help share some helpful insight.  Enjoy! #littleblackdog #depression #anxiety #millennial


No comments:

Post a Comment