Wednesday, May 28, 2014

oh thank heaven (for 7-11)

On my lunch hour (yes I'm depressed yet somehow able to show up for work most days) and I wanted something to drink with bubbles in it.  I was hoping for a flavored mineral water, but 7-up was the closest I was able to get.  Upon check out, I asked for a lottery ticket as well.  It's just a dollar, no big deal, right?  I tried not to over think my small purchase, the other things I could buy with a dollar, what I would tell my husband if he knew my secret spending habits... and on and on.  Fortunately, those thoughts were quickly replaced with the next thought, what would I do if I won?  Maybe my little black dog would run away if I ignored him.
Would a multi-million (USD) dollar jackpot help my depression?  First off, I would probably buy the most comfortable bed, because mine is terrible and then if I did become depressed again, my favorite place of solace would be one of extreme comfort.  Gotta think practical here.  Maybe a house on a large plot of land so I didn't have to be near people if I didn't want to be.  Or is that enabling my condition further?  A castle with a moat?
Well, maybe not.  Might get a little creepy.  Seriously.  Would winning the lottery help or hurt people that suffer with depression?  SHARE! #lottery #anxiety #depression

No comments:

Post a Comment