Sunday, May 25, 2014

Throwing away all that we have learned

I have always been of the camp to say 'why do we spend a lifetime learning just to throw it all away at the end?' I think I am paraphrasing a famous quote there but I am not in a great state of mind to be bothered to 'google it' so to speak. We learn so much in our short time here on this planet. I feel like I have lived half a lifetime already. But what have I really gained besides street smarts, parallel parking skills and a knack for remembering song lyrics like my life depended on it? I am one of those people that agrees that the best way to learn is to travel and meet people. Experience other cultures. I am 30 and have never got my passport yet.  I can tell you all about California and maybe a few other places, but besides my Anthropology, my worldly experiences have been limited. Due to limited funding and having had to work pretty much 3-5 days a week since I was 18, that hasn't left a lot of time to get away.  I have a list of places I'd like to explore, not too many but a few. I wish I could get one of those jobs for people who like to travel. I could write about my experiences, take photographs and learn! Talk about a dream job! Maybe in my next life :-) #photography #anxiety #depression #memories #travel #culture


No comments:

Post a Comment