Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sometimes pleasure brings you pain

I hope you read that correctly.  I had my first massage last night.  It's been 5 years since my car accident and I don't count the massages given by the large Russian women during Physical Therapy "massages" although they helped ease the pain.  My massage therapist, Kellie was referred by an old friend.  I was nervous but she made me feel welcomed and comfortable.  She is a bit more petite than I am but man she is strong!  I think I'm a 1/4" taller now from her working out my back muscles.  30 years of anxiety coupled with the pain from the accident and a mattress I really need to replace, all adds up.  I did an hour session and it was wonderful.  Some of it hurt, but I'm a sensitive soul so I told her my "ow's" were good ones.  Just meant that there is more work for her to do next time!
My husband brought some takeout home for dinner last night and I had a small glass of wine.  After a really hot shower, I was passed out in bed by 9.
This morning one side of my lower back pelvic bone is very tender, very grateful for my heated seats!  I'm at work, icing the area now.  Feels better.  Since its probably safe to assume that having a beer at lunch is a no-no, I better grab some Tylenol, haha.
Go get your massage!  Why didn't I do this sooner?  Oh wait, I know, I was too busy focusing on the negative....  nope, gotta stop that, go away Tiny George!

#massage #aromatherapy #relax #anxiety #tension

No comments:

Post a Comment